Friday, February 26, 2010

Warning Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

HealthDayBy Diana KohnleWednesday, February 24, 2010
(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless toxic gas. It's released by the burning of any fuel, and exposure can lead to hospitalization or even death.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this list of common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning:
Vomiting or feeling nauseous.
Feeling dizzy.
Having chest pains.
Having a headache.
While none of these symptoms should be ignored, warning signs of more severe carbon monoxide poisoning include confusion, agitation or unconsciousness. They require immediate medical attention.