Monday, October 18, 2010

Friday, October 15, 2010

Four people rushed to hospital with possible carbon-monoxide poisoning

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Four people including a teenage boy were rushed to the hospital from their home with what is believed to be carbon-monoxide poisoning.
A man who lives at the home on East Grand Boulevard on Detroit's east side says he came back from the store to find two people including the 13 year old unconscious and two other residents very dizzy.
Clarence Jenkins says he had started the furnace for the first time this season before going to the store and when he left, everyone seemed ok.


Thursday, October 14, 2010

Guardian Alarm on "Detroit 187"

A Guardian Alarm protected building was featured on this week's episode of "Detroit 187." Follow the link to watch the episode and keep an eye out for our logo around the 40:52 mark.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tips To Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Poorly Maintained or Malfunctioning Heating Systems Are Often to Blame

Contact: Guillermo Cole, Health Department
412-578-8004 office

As another heating season begins, the Allegheny County Health Department is joining with the Carbon Monoxide Awareness Coalition of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County to remind residents about the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas that is the by-product of incomplete combustion of a fuel. Hundreds die each year nationwide from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, but most deaths could be prevented through greater awareness and education.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Guardian Alarm is named 2010 Midwest Region Dealer of the Year by Galaxy Control Systems!

Photo of the award:!/photo.php?fbid=131650683553026&set=a.121497777901650.31347.108980149153413

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Governor Granholm Proclaims October 3-9 as Fire Prevention Week "Smoke Alarms: A Sound You Can Live With"

Right Vision News
October 2, 2010

LANSING, Oct. 02 -- The State Of Michigan has issued following Press Release:

Governor Jennifer M. Granholm has proclaimed October 3-9 Fire Prevention Week in Michigan to encourage homeowners to focus on having several functioning smoke alarms to provide the critical early warning needed to escape a home fire.

"Many homes may still have only one smoke alarm and that's simply not enough," said Michigan State Fire Marshal Ronald R. Farr. "Make sure you have working smoke alarms on every level of the home, including the basement, and in every bedroom -- not just near them, to ensure that everyone is alerted in time to escape fire safely."


Monday, October 4, 2010

"Lucky" the cat warned family of carbon monoxide in house

MUSKEGON, Mich. (WZZM) - Often times when our pets make noise, we ignore them. Well, it's a good thing Tara and Joe Clay from Muskegon chose to listen to their cat last weekend, because if they didn't, they might not be alive today.

"It was Saturday morning around 5:30 a.m.," says Tara Clay. "My son was crying and I got up to comfort him. It was cold in the house so I thought to turn on the heat."

For the rest of the story: