Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cool website "Cool Home Security"

Very informative website that is worth checking out.
"Home security tips for home security systems…"

Thursday, March 24, 2011

4 dead in home from carbon monoxide poisoning

A 39-year-old mother and her three children, ages 10, 16, and 18, were found dead Wednesday morning in the living room of their Central Toledo home after they died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police and fire investigators said Tamara McDaniel, 39, and her children - 18-year-old Damien Reyes, Dominique Reyes, 16, and Taralynn Wood, 10 - recently moved into their Hamilton Street home.

When crews entered the home at around 10:30 a.m. they discovered the house had no gas or electricity but did find a generator in the kitchen.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Smoke, carbon monoxide detectors vital for homes

Now that the clocks have sprung forward in that annual ritual known as Daylight Saving Time, it may be time to spring for new batteries for the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

In 2009, the latest year statistics are available, 2,565 people died in fires and 13,050 were injured, with deaths from fires being the third leading cause of fatal home injuries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Four out of five of those deaths occurred in homes without smoke detectors.

Small children are especially at risk in a home fire, and for them one unique smoke detector lets parents record a voice message intended to wake them up. Parents have about 15 seconds to rouse their child and to give them some calming direction. When triggered, the voice message alternates with a standard alarm.

"Basically when they go off it's your voice telling the child to get down near the floor, or whatever message the parent wants to give them," said Denny Sian, owner of Sanford Hardware.


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

For the second time in a week a Sterling Heights home is broken into while a woman sleeps

STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich., (WXYZ) - Home invaders break into a Sterling Heights home, while a woman was sleeping.

JoAnn Schirmacher says someone pried open the front door of her home on Saal road and then ransacked her bedroom while she slept.

She says she heard the noise, but thought it was her husband of nearly 50 years coming home, she says she even shouted out, "Why are you making all this racket?”.

For the rest of the story:

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Guardian Alarm January 2010 Employees of the Month

Co-winners Jennifer James and Eric Patterson point to their names on Guardian Alarm's Maximum Achievement trophy.