Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Police: CO Poisoning Kills Man

Rutherford Street House Was Cut Off From Gas
POSTED: Tuesday, February 16, 2010
UPDATED: 5:56 pm EST February 16, 2010
9911 RUTHERFORD STREET, DETROIT -- A 57-year-old man was found dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a Detroit house Tuesday, Detroit police said.
Police said a friend found Welton Crawford deceased inside the west side house at 9911 Rutherford St.
Police said a 34-year-old woman who was also inside the house was hospitalized, but is expected to be OK.
Family members of the deceased told police a kerosene heater and generator had been warming the home since Monday after DTE removed gas sources from the house.
DTE said the house was improperly connected to gas and electric sources.