Friday, February 12, 2010

Seniors Evacuated From Apts. After Fire

Four Treated For Smoke Inhalation
POSTED: Thursday, February 11, 2010
UPDATED: 10:20 am EST February 11, 2010
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. -- Several senior citizens have been forced from their homes in Farmington Hills because of a fire.
The fire broke out at about 1 a.m. Thursday at the Baptist Manor — an assisted living home.
According to residents, it started in an upstairs laundry room. A woman smelled smoke and pounded on doors to alert other residents.
Four people were transported to Botsford Hospital with smoke inhalation.
Several apartments suffered water damage.