Burglars enter a house every 15.4 seconds according to the FBI. It 's the most common threat to the security of your home. With some minor modifications, you can protect your home from intruders.
Thieves want to get into a home quickly and quietly, so if you make your house difficult to break through, they will move in a rule. Here are eight easy ways to make yourself a target of beef and less security on your home.
1. Lock all windows and doors. Thismay sound silly, but a lot of thieves enter the house because the owner forgot to lock the doors or windows. And only the windows and doors closed when you're gone, they stop at night when you are asleep.
Some windows are prevented with specific mechanisms to block the thieves slipped credit cards or similar products and unlock. If you have a window with this locking system, make sure that the windows are aligned, or blockingIs not protected enough.
2. Hide spare keys in less obvious places. Maybe keep a spare key under the doormat welcome. On top of the door frame. can paint in a garage under. In a stone turtle in your garden.
Thieves know to look for spare keys in these locations. Find a place more hidden and less obvious to keep your spare key.
3. Beware of open windows. Do not open windows, while at home was not too much. A thief can easily If you get loggedBoth Windows open at night, only open about six inches, and make sure there are more open from the outside. And do not leave windows open to close, or the thief could reach in and unlock the door
4. The strengthening of a glass at or near a door. A window near a door is a prime target for thieves. A thief might break the glass, then reach out and open the door. If you have the choice not to put the windows within a foota port. If you already have Windows at the door, or have glass or near your door, make sure the glass is tempered glass. This glass is four times stronger than normal glass, so that a thief can break easily.
5. Obtaining a quality, a "bolt. Locks of base can be easily collected or will be bypassed. Catenacci, on the other hand, leads extending from the door frame to create a strong barrier that is hard to beat. Multi-PointClosure systems with bolt popular up and down the door, offering even greater security.
6. Protect the football goals-in. The most common method is evidence of forced entry. Many ports are easy to football, even if they have a bar. This is because the area is reinforced with wood around the lock. If a thief kicked the lock, often cracking the lock through the woods around the castle.
To betterProtect your door, receive a 20-gauge metal plate region to strengthen the castle. A bolt with a lock-area reinforced with metal, it is almost immune to attempts at every turn.
7. Enhance your patio door. Patio doors are still the majority, not the blocks. Burglar bars can be forced open from outside. A simple method for improving the security door from the terrace on the right track brought a block of wood or a bar in the prevention, the door will not openoutside.
Thieves can not but raise the patio door off the track. From the patio doors on rollers, they are not really sure of the track. To avoid this, make sure wheels run smoothly and the door is not loose, because it shows a thief could easily get to the door.
The best way to protect your sliding glass door is locked with an extra foot. Foot locks have metal bars that extend in the traces of metal, creating aBar for your patio door. This prevents the door is open, even if the block does not exist, and keeps the door removed, repealed.
8. Get a timer for the lights. Burglars often the case neighborhoods looking for houses where the lights are out, night after night. This tells the thief that the owners are out of town or on the road, and that house.
Do not paint a target on your house. Get a timer light switch. Are available frommost hardware stores. Lights turn off the lights and sounds in a set time. So you see how you're at home, even if they are not.