Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thieves Caught On Tape During Break-In

Thieves Ransack House While Wife Sleeps
POSTED: Tuesday, December 1, 2009
UPDATED: 8:03 pm EST December 1, 2009
DETROIT -- A Detroit man’s home cameras caught thieves breaking into his house Monday while his wife slept inside. Hassan Saad and his wife, Amal, live in the 6000 block of Mettetal Street on the city’s west side.
Hassan said he left his wife sleeping at 10 a.m. while he went to work. Shortly thereafter, the home’s outdoor security cameras showed three men approach the home.
One man is seen walking onto the couple’s porch, looking into the front windows.
Hassan said the men cut power to the home in an attempt to disarm the alarm and cameras before breaking into the home through a window.
Hassan’s wife said she slept through the break-in.
“I didn’t feel nothing at all. I’m lucky I’m alive,” she said.
The home was ransacked and the thieves took televisions, other electronics and jewelry.
“I don’t care about the loss. Thank God I still have my family,” Hassan said.
The couple said this is the second time their home has been broken into, and they’re frustrated.
“I spend too much money on my house just to make it beautiful, make the neighborhood beautiful,” Hassan said. “I don’t think it’s work it now.”
The couple said they hope by making the surveillance images public, someone will recognize the thieves or the thieves will be deterred from another break-in.
The couple also said they are considering moving to Dearborn.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21777074/detail.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+clickondetroit%2Flocal+%28ClickOnDetroit.com+-+Local+News%29