Monday, May 3, 2010

Dishwasher Fire Destroys Ann Arbor Home

Here's another reason to get a Guardian Alarm monitored smoke and heat detectors for your home:

"ANN ARBOR, Mich. (WXYZ) - Three firefighters are recovering after being injured while fighting an early morning fire in Ann Arbor.

The fire broke out in the home on Georgetown at about 1:00 a.m. The family told officials they heard a noise and realized the house was on fire.

The woman who lives in the house was able to get out through the front door with the couple's 3-year-old child. Her husband and the couple's 6-year-old daughter made it out through a bedroom window. He then handed the girl down to her mother before climbing down the gutter himself.

Officials say the fire started in a dishwasher. The house was gutted and is considered a total loss.The firefighters were treated at the scene. The family is staying with neighbors."